Thursday, July 3, 2014

Romantic Fireworks

Happy 4th of July!


 

 

  Canada Day was July 1. Happy Canada Day!

 

I love fireworks so this is a great time of the year for me. But after I've celebrated I like to put my feet up and watch a romantic movie and if there is a bit of mystery too its perfect. : )

 

 

To Catch a Thief 1955 is a movie that has fireworks, literally. 

  

Staring Grace Kelly and Cary Grant. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Kelly and Grant are at their best and most beautiful.  Grant is a reformed jewel thief accused of starting up again and stealing from the rich at a world class hotel. How can he prove his innocence? Is he innocent? Kelly is the American daughter of a rich widow, Jessie Royce Landis, who almost steals the movie with her performance. Watch for the fireworks scene.

This movie was nominated for 5 Academy Awards. It won for Best Color Cinematography. And though we take color for granted, back in the day many movies were still made in black and white. Enjoy!

Please click on comment and tell me your favorite romantic movie.

See you next week. 

Reggi

My Amazon books

No comments:

Post a Comment